Bosch tankless water heaters have some very nice features and a large selection of models. They have gas or electric models to provide unlimited hot water for almost every situation.
Features of the PowerStar Whole House Electric Tankless Water Heater:
- 90% efficiency rating
- Durable poly heating elements
- Electronic flow switch
- 3/4″ brass NPT fittings
- External temperature control knob
- Activation rates of .6 gallons per minute (AE115) and .8 gpm (AE125)
- Filter screen on inlet
- Thermal cut-out for safety
- No temperature/pressure relief valve necessary (check local codes)
- Flow sensor to provide a constant output temperature
Features of the Bosch AquaStar 2700ES gas tankless water heater:
- Delivers over 7 gallons per minute, enough to run 2-3 major applications at once
- Direct vent room-sealed combustion
- Built-in power vent allows for vertical or horizontal vent termination
- 12-year warranty on heat exchanger – 2 years on parts
- Provides endless supply of hot water
- Saves up to 50% off utility costs
- Electronic ignition – 120V plug-in (no standing pilot)
- Space saving size and weighs only 67 pounds
- Available models for natural gas (NG) or liquid propane (LP)
- Outdoor installation kit (AQOK) available for approved climates
- Wireless Remote (TSTAT2) available for quick and easy temperature control
As good as these water heaters are, they can be made to work better by mating them with a Chilipepper CP6000 hot water demand pump. It’s like adding a supercharger to your water heater.
Hot Water Demand Pumps
All tankless water heaters require more time for the hot water to reach the fixture than with tank type storage water heaters. This is because in order to heat the water to full temperature it must pass completely through the heat exchanger. That takes time. Some tankless units take up to 20 seconds longer to produce hot water at the fixture!
As long as you’ve decided to go with a Bosch tankless water heater, whether you are in search of high energy efficiency or unlimited hot water, you might as well maximize the convenience factor for yourself, and make your hot water system “water efficient” as well as energy efficient.
By adding the CP6000 you will save thousands of gallons of water every year that you would have run down the drain, and you get your hot water more quickly.
With the push of a button the pump sends hot water to your fixture rapidly without running water down the drain. The cooled off hot water in the pipes from the last use is returned to the water heater through the cold water pipes. When hot water reaches the fixtures the pump shuts off. You now have instant hot water at the fixture without running any down the drain.
Make your water heater green
The Chilipepper hot water demand pump is powerful enough to run any tankless water heater. For a comparison of the most popular tankless water heaters visit this page: Bosch, Takagi, Rinnai, Noritz compared It provides the minimum flow rate to turn on a number of models.
By combining the two systems, Bosch and Chilipepper, you will maximize both your energy savings and your water savings making your hot water plumbing system the greenest system available.
Add the convenience of fast hot water to your Bosch water heater and thereby reduce your carbon footprint, save water, save energy, and save the world from global warming!